Sunday, November 22, 2009

Who are you? What is this? Why are you doing it?

Well, those are difficult questions, specially the first one. But let's get started.
I am Santiago, a 21 year old Argentinian, university student majoring in Industrial Engineering and Physics Science. I enjoy idea exchange and discussion in a wide variety of topics. I guess this is enough about me for now, and I hope you get to know me better through the successive posts.
This Blog has as a main objective to discuss topics about sustainability in different fields, focusing on businesses and financial sustainability, although it won't be restricted to those particular points. Of course, the real importance of the blog will not reside in the original posts but in the interaction with and among readers. Therefore, I strongly encourage your participation: comments, recommendations, different points of view, agree, disagree, etc.
Finally, why am I doing this. There are two main reasons. The first one, the idealistic reason, it would be to do my modest but sincere contribution towards a sustainable world. It may not be too much, but I like to think that due to this blog the world will be a better place to live in, at least a little bit, at least for one person, that's enough. The second reason, the pragmatic one, is that I am writing this blog as part of my application to the 13th World Business Dialogue, the world's largest student-run business convention. I strongly recommend all of you to apply for it, you can find all the necessary information in:

http://www.world-business-dialogue.com/

The more students that apply, the more people thinking about sustainability, the closer we are to find a solution (at least a partial one).
I hope you like the idea, and check the blog regularly for updates.
See you soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Santi, I like the idea ... I am waiting for the first topic posted and I am gonna check out the world business dialogue home page. Thx for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive never been to the WBD, but I attended similar events. They are awesome ... great opportunity to meet people and exchange ideas ... nice Blog, I like the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey santiago, thank you so much for your effort to write this blog.
    I am going to contact you soon, I'd like to talk to you wether we can work together concerning the content of this blog or not.
    Best regards,
    Christoph, Corporate Communication of the World Business Dialogue Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, Im willing to colaborate with you guys.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete